Friday 23 March 2018

Placemats are multiplying at FNSI

A while back a friend gave me this presents block.
She was not happy with it when she was making a wallhanging. 
I happily took it and knew it would get a home.
Thanks Lyn...
The good thing about these placemats is that you don't have to do any binding. You choose the size you want to make and go for it.
It's that easy.


This is so cute.
I'm sure this will brighten up someone's meal time



Having fun with more trees


These are so addictive.
I prefer this method of foundation piecing.
Even though you have to remove all the papers.



Watch the tutorial to see how easy these placemats are to make.


Tonight I was sewing along in cyberspace. See who joined me.. 

FNSI.... FRIDAY NIGHT SEW IN.

9 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

The place mats look great
Very colourful

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Such a nice tutorial on completing place mats. I agree that they finish up so quickly.

Karen's Korner said...

Great use of an unwanted block. Very cute.

Maria said...

Would you believe I have fabrics ready to make place mats for the The Biggest Morning Tea raffle sew will try this method . Thanks Jo...
Your trees look great but I'm not a fan of PP....

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Placemats are always very handy. Thanks for the tutorial link.

The Sloan Patch said...

oooh...those trees look interesting!

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

Great placemats, love easy patterns as you always feel like you achieve loads of work ;)

dq said...

Oh Gosh do I love that tree! It is so dang cute!

dq said...

I am in love with that tree pattern. I need to put trees in my Bear Paw quilt and I have not kept my pattern I did the trees with. I may have to construct something similar to this tree for it. The only catch is they need to be only 7" tall.