Monday 19 March 2018

Sunraysia Patchwork Friends Foundation Paper Piecing workshop



Our group held a workshop teaching freezer paper technique foundation piecing.
This way wasn't the easiest or most fun. A bit too slow for me even though you can get it very accurate.
A simple tree was decided upon.


We are going to be making placemats at the end of the year to give to "Meals on Wheels" to give out for Christmas to all their clients.
I have decided to use this as a start.
I have pieced an A3 size panel. Quilted it only with the wadding.



Finished it off..


Followed this tutorial.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfv1_vbrJB4

The only difference I made was that I did the borders a bit smaller.
Mine measure only 1".

I'll be making more of these.

Im linking up with Angela for the RSC month of Lime & bright GREENS.
http://superscrappy.blogspot.com.au/2018/03/strange-morning.html

5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

How very nice, to make placemats for the Meals on Wheels clients. They will really appreciate them. I've learned to enjoy foundation paper piecing but getting to that point was very frustrating.

Sharm said...

Nice work!

Helen said...

Lovely idea and placemat.

Anthea said...

Foundation piecing does intrigue me Jo... I'd love to learn it one day.
Your work looks great, despite your not really liking this particular style for doing it... good job!

dq said...

Cute cute cute! You are always so generous and giving with your talents!