Thursday 4 October 2018

BORO Stitching is nearly finished.

Remember ages ago when I showed these fabrics I got from J @ JACARANDA
Well I have finally started using them.

I've been sewing while we were on holidays. As this is my first time doing this technique I found I didn't overlap the fabrics enough. I also think I lost a few little pieces as I have ended up with a big gap..

I have done my stitching in different directions., added some patterns and used different threads. It's all about textures..

This is where I am now. I sewed a lot of this when we were travelling. Some of my overlapping seams didn't cover. I have now basted some extra squares so I can go and get them sewn, then it will be ready for a bag. 

I have a new idea of the type of bag I will make...
A different idea from when I first started. I have enjoyed sewing this. I think I will do it again.

5 comments:

Maria said...

Looks like an interesting technic. Will made a great bag.

jacaranda said...

That is great, so pleased you could use the scraps.

Unknown said...

This is really creative work. I appreciate your efforts to do something new with your sewing skills.

Thanks!
backpack patches and pins
leather jacket back patches

Sheryl said...

This looks interesting Jo, a new technique and perfect way to use up fabric pieces.

Helen said...

It looks great and a wonderful way to use up scraps.