Sunday 24 February 2019

A day of yellows


I started out with this tub of yellows..


 And made an easy block... A simple 9 patch


Here are my 4 catch up blocks for a couple of weeks.


Why is it that you make a block,  take a photo  and still dont see the mistake. 

Then when you quilt it the mistake shows... OH NO!!!!! 



I can't believe it's the last Saturday of February.
So yellows it is and linking up with Angela.

I still have Mari's
http://academicquilter.blogspot.com/2019/02/tiny-yellow-flower-block.html
block to do and probably another from the last Tuesday of the month..
I will catch up...

I wanted to also share that I have linked up with O SCRAP.
http://quiltingismorefunthanhousework.blogspot.com/2019/02/oh-scrap-my-garden-growns.html
Have a look at all the different projects that are out ther..

9 comments:

Vireya said...

Oh no! What a nuisance. The yellow blocks look good, apart from that little hiccup.

Ellen said...

I've been making the same mistakes but thankfully the camera caught mine.

kiwikid said...

Love your yellow blocks, sometimes a woops just doesn't show up until it involves much unpicking!!

elliek said...

It's a design variation. Enjoy it... it will be a talking point! I actually like it with the extra borders put on.

Linda said...

Well done for the finishes. It's so easy to get the squares around the wrong way isn't it?

Cheryll said...

Isn't it the way you intended... after all it's YoUR project.
Love the "yellows"... xox

jacaranda said...

Lots of rays of sunshine. I don't mind your variation and you may start a trend of a new block design.

Jen said...

Happy bright yellow before summer is gone .You are making an individual design .I still looks colourful.

dq said...

I love your yellow 9 patches. Doing something simple can make just as beautiful of a quilt as a hard one.

Yes, I have made that mistake before. Sometimes we just don't see the mistake for whatever reason.