Thursday 7 February 2019

Charity Blocks made for quilts.

Here is a great block to put together from all your lovely scraps.
Our group decided this was a great block to make.
We had a sewing day and 28 blocks were made.
Then we have hade more added.
I'm sure we will get many charity quilts put together for charity.
We are making the quilts 4* 5 blocks totalling 20 blocks per quilt.

I actually liked this one. But others wanted extra on the sides.
I think I will still sew one this way.

This was one of the groups favourites

It was fun to show everyone the different layouts that can be created.

There are so many layouts to choose from.

I got this great block idea from Carole.


It's a very easy design. If you are able to help her charity get involved.
Have a read and see what you can do.

7 comments:

Maria said...

Yes it's a fantastic block and looks like you are having fun with all the different layouts...
I sent 1/2 doz blocks over to Carole. Did Aussie flag fabric for centres in some....

Maria said...

Great new header.. Gee your grandies have grown heaps....

Ellen said...

I have a quilt top that I made quite some time ago that used this quilt block. It really is a great scrap buster and very versatile to boot! The recipients are going to receive gorgeous quilts. :)

kiwikid said...

Wonderful new header Jo. That is a great block, so many different layouts, they all look great.

Linda said...

It is s great block. I made some for that charity either last year or the year before. She has made some lovely quilts to gift to people who have lost everything in disasters.

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

One quilt block and so many ways, I like your choice :)

dq said...

I recognized this block right away. While I have not made a quilt from it, I have quilted three of them. All three used the zig zag/chevron looking pattern. You are right that is is perfect for scraps.