Friday 15 February 2019

Scrappy maze

One of my friends at my quilt group gave me a bag of scraps.
All these strings of scraps that had been sewn together. They measure 2" wide and there is metres of them. They were left overs from her quilt and she didn't want to do anything with them.
I love the challenge.



I had this idea I would sew the strips in a log cabin fashion. The darks will be like a slithering snake.  Going round and round. To where, nobody knows.
I am adding odd bits of left over neutrals to seperate the darks.  These neutrals may not be the same widths. I am just using what I have on hand.


So far...
I'm happy with how these blocks are turning out.
I'm not sure how these will end up or what size the blocks will be.


I'll just keep sewing them until the scraps run out and that's the size the quilt top will be.


8 comments:

ellieshomemadehome.blogspot.com said...

You are really keen, it will be brilliant when it's finished, very different, your friend will want her scraps back lol :)

Mari said...

Wow, what a grat use of scraps! It looks like the quilt was planned that way.

jacaranda said...

Fabulous Jo, a great way to use up the scraps.

Karen's Korner said...

Great use of scraps.

Linda said...

A great challenge, Jo. Go for it!

Vireya said...

Making something beautiful from the left-overs is excellent!

Fiona said...

I love the way this is coming together...
Hugz

dq said...

It does sound like a fun challenge, and your finish is so fun.