Wednesday 11 August 2021

Celebrating my Brothers 60th birthday

 The whole reason we did a road trip to Darwin was for my brothers 60th birthday.

Unfortunately during the day his chair didn’t hold up. We could not help him up as he was recovering from a broken collar bone. He had to get out himself.



The family did a great job with cooking up a feast. They really looked after us.

My family snaps. Brother opening a gift.

My brother with the family. All 3 of my brothers & I  were together for something good for a change. It has been just over 2 years since we had seen each other.
My brother thanking us all for being there
A family Thankyou and emotional hug

Me with 2 beautiful boys. My brothers step sons. I remember meeting them at the airport for their first day in Australia when they were only about 8 & 10 years old. I think they were so scared but beautiful. They are amazing young men now and great hosts too.
My grandson with my brothers grandson. They had a great time together.
My brother with his step daughter Gok. When she first came to Australia when she was only 17 yo she was heavily pregnant. She could not speak English and I was there in the hospital when she had her beautiful baby girl who is now 12 years old. A magical moment. Then 6 weeks later our daughter had our first grand child and I was with her too. A very special moment so long ago.


8 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your brother in his broken chair look like so many are feeling now: hot and exhausted

Janet O. said...

Looks like a special family time--though I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry about the broken chair.

Jenny said...

Doesn't he looked stunned sitting in the broken chair, and of course you had to take his photo! How nice to get together to celebrate his special birthday.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Lovely to see the whole family together to celebrate your brothers birthday. Gosh it looks like getting out of that chair would have been tricky.

Janice said...

Weren’t you lucky to be able to travel up to join all the family for your brother’s celebration. It looks like you all had a fun time…..apart from your brother trying to extract himself from that chair.

kiwikid said...

Lucky your brother didn't hurt himself in that chair! Wonderful to have the family all together for his 60th Jo.

jude's page said...

Great family gathering, and your trip was well timed I think

Chookyblue...... said...

Such precious family times......
Lucky you got it in with covid.....