Tuesday 17 August 2021

Our winter in Victoria was so different to winter in Darwin

 My brother and I and family and friends travelled to Darwin for my brothers 60th birthday.

It was only May in Victoria. Starting to get cold but the heat hit us in Darwin. We camped at Dennis’ house and enjoyed his pool. The water was too cold for the locals but the southerners loved  it.



We also enjoyed a visit to Berri Springs. A beautiful relaxing natural springs. The water was like being in a bath. So relaxing.

Apparently this was where one scene was filmed in THE LAST CAB TO DARWIN movie.
The kids had so much fun.
This was very beautiful. The waterfall was lovely massaging my back.


4 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

That back massage looks like heaven.

Jenny said...

Too cold for the locals, I've experienced that. While on holiday in Hawaii we took a small boat trip and the young bloke taking us was wearing a jacket and saying it was cold. Of course the tourists were all sweltering.
Looks like you were all having fun frolicking in the water.

kiwikid said...

Looks like a wonderful time Jo, weather is relative to where we live isn't it! I miss the hot springs in NZ.

Janice said...

It’s a hard life. You’ve made me jealous.