Thursday 28 July 2022

A puzzling block - more photos

 Our group had a fun tutorial night. It was to make a toy puzzle block. These are fun to play with but fiddle to make. They are easy enough to make though once you get your pieces all pinned on in the correct place. Now that was fun!!! Choosing your fabrics was the hardest. 

I had made one many years ago and thought I’d be smart to make it with different animals but all the colours seemed to blend and it didn’t look too exciting.

This time I added brighter colours. I am still sewing it together.


Here is a YouTube tutorial of how to make it.

And it is getting done….

OOPS I forgot to add the finished photos… 
Here it is all finished now




And I have another set of blocks to stitch up.

Mmm what fabrics to use this time. Do I use plains or prints or novelties or a theme?






11 comments:

loulee said...

Yes, they look like they would be fiddley. We use them as fidget toys in our nursing home, so maybe something that would appeal to an older generation?

Jenny said...

I have seen these but dont think I'd have the patience to make one. Good on you for planning version number two.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

You always find the coolest patterns to show us. A fabric shawl with pockets, zipped placemats and fidget toys. You've used very fun fabrics.

Chookyblue...... said...

now this might take longer then the cutlery mat.......

Karen's Korner said...

Hours of fun for small hands or dementia patients.

Maria said...

Looks great….They sure are fun to make.
Did one for my GS2 when he was small and now is DD sewing room and we still play with it.

Janice said...

How clever. I don’t think I’d have the patience.

Karen S said...

I can see where a lot of instructions would be needed for this one. Great finish.

kiwikid said...

That looks great Jo, might have a try. Like the fabrics you have used.

jude's page said...

What a neat idea to sew and play with.

Susan said...

What a clever idea!