Tuesday 19 July 2022

I’ve had some quilts quilted for me.

 I am so lucky. A lady from my quilt group offered to quilt my quilts for me. She wanted the practice and I wanted them done. Win, win. And yes, I gave her some cash too but the charity quilts are being done for free.

My quilts that were from the QAYG panel swaps are now quilted and only need to be trimmed and binding on

So the first one has been trimmed

And the binding is now done

It looks so pretty.


I received this panel from Mona from QATW. Thank yo Mona. I do love it.
I can’t believe I received this back in November 2021


11 comments:

Mari said...

Very nice! And now you have lots of binding to do!

Janet O. said...

That is very pretty!
And it is always exciting to me to get quilts back from a quilter. Finishes feel so good!

Chookyblue...... said...

Good to see a finish...... Goodluck binding the others......

loulee said...

You made that panel in to a beautiful quilt. Have fun binding the others.

Jenny said...

The unicorn quilt is so pretty, now I'm waiting to see the others! It's always interesting to see how quilters add borders to panels, it can be a bit of a challenge to come up with interesting borders. I've a couple of smaller panels here waiting their turn.

Vireya said...

That's great! She did a lovely job on the quilting.

cityquilter grace said...

lovely charity quilts and that is a win/win situation for sure...lucky gal!

Linda said...

I think your idea to get some quilts quilted for you is brilliant, Jo. Great way to move things along. Kind of your friend to do the Charity quilts for you as her contribution to a good cause and to accept a donation for charity for the rest. Wonderful all round.... win, win! Enjoy binding them all. 🤗

Janice said...

She has done a beautiful job. Yes, it is a very pretty quilt.

Karen's Korner said...

Nice team work there.

jude's page said...

Love the border on that quilt, good to have some finishes