Sunday 10 July 2022

Progress on my Round Robin

 I have fallen behind with my round robin challenge. Yep, 2 months behind. Here is where I was up to.Mays border was to be a pieced border and the next round for June is a braid. Mmmmmmmm.


Ok. I am using scraps. Red, white & black and I have the idea for my pieced border.




I have decided on a rough size. Pulled some scraps and started to sew the strips together.


All the crosscuts are done. Do I have enough pieces.


Sewing the crosscut strips together. This is working.


Looks so much better trimmed.


Top and bottom borders are on. I’m liking this.


The borders are attached. Now to work out the corners. This is taking longer than expected. 


So I have worked out the corners. So far so good.


It was late at night when I took this photo. It is a bit dark but so far so good.
I’m not sure if I like the bottom right hand corner. I’ll think about it over night.


Next border is a braid. 







17 comments:

Denice Barker said...

Wow! It's turning out great! Love that!

Maria said...

See I said today you'er good at working out patterns.. loks great.

Gail said...

So Cool! Such a fun quilt!

loulee said...

It's looking fantastic.

Karen S said...

That stripped border has so many pieces!! But it looks amazing.

Karen's Korner said...

Looking good. Love the running commentary of your thoughts along the way.

Linda said...

Love the cross cut border. Very clever idea!

Christine M said...

This quilt is going to be gorgeous.

Jenny said...

Wow that is so effective Jo.

Chookyblue...... said...

it's looking great........

Jenny said...

My goodness, that pieced border looks fiddly to see, but certainly effective. That's a cute centre panel, is this a round Robin that stays with you, adding the borders when the clues come out, rather than sending go another quilter?

Jenny said...

Should have been to sew, not to see, stupid spellchecker. It looks great.

QuiltGranma said...

I really like the direction you are taking this.

Janet O. said...

Wow, that is an incredible boarder! Looks like an awful lot of work, but the effect is wonderful!

cityquilter grace said...

oooh i like this very much...looks fantastic!

Janice said...

Very effective, but a lot of work. It is looking great.

jude's page said...

Great border Jo, looking foward to what you do next