Sunday 31 July 2022

The next round on my Round Robin. Braids

 Omg, punishment plus. The next round was to do a braid.

I tried a practice block or two to decide on the size. Well it ended up being cut 1” strips. 

I made the strips and attached the 2 sides but forgot about planning the corners.

So now that was a challenge. I didn’t want to unpick the ends of the sides so I had a play.


The corners are different and are not completely correct or even but I made them work and the little one that ends up with this quilt won’t mind.


I am so happy this round is done. It has made the quilt heavy so let’s hope the next round is. Quick, light and easy one.



8 comments:

Julierose said...

This puppy medallion quilt is so adorable--what lovely work you've done on it!!
that braided border must be challenging!! Nice work hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

I knew you could get that braid border to work and the corners look good.

loulee said...

Those corners look amazing. This quilt is coming along very nicely. How many more rounds to go?

Vireya said...

That was a challenge! Great result though. The whole quilt looks terrific.

Karen S said...

I think that is a great result. I am sure I would still be pulling my hair out with that one.

Fiona said...

Oh wow.... that is looking so good... a lot of piecing in that border...
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Beautiful result from that challenging border Jo, looks amazing.

Janice said...

Gosh, that’s a lot of work, but so effective.