Monday 25 March 2024

Crochet dolly bed and blanket

 I have been using up mums yarn. There was a box of 5 ply. I like making the C2C pattern blanket. I wanted to make a rectangular sized baby blanket but instead of decreasing on one side I mistakenly decreased on both sides making it square. By the time I realised I was not going to unpick. I continued and finished the blanket.

My work colleague has a little girl so I am giving it to her for a dolly blanket.

Years ago, mum and I, used to make a little crochet bag that also made a dolly bed. I thought I would make one for her too to use up the leftover yarns.

 It is made with an empty margarine container as the base.


Then a crochet lining for the inside


Next is the outer part of the bag


A nice frill for the top of the bag, a mattress, pillow and mini doll blanket


Put in a cute little doll/teddy


Here it is with the bigger dolly blanket


And the bag is closed ready to take and play


A very cute little set for a sweet little girl.

12 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

adorable...such quick projects that will delight any little girl...

Jenny said...

Such a lovely gift.

Julie said...

That little dollies bag is absolutely adorable Jo .... love love love it!!!!

Janice said...

What a cute little dolly bed. I’ve not seen one like that before. Together with the rug if will be a sweet gift.

Vireya said...

Very cute gift for a lucky girl!

kiwikid said...

Beautiful presents for a little girl, that is a great idea.

Lin said...

The little dolls bed is just adorable! What a lovely surprise for the little one to find when she opens up the bag. Love the blanket too. xx

Linda in UK said...

Beautiful crochet work, Jo. I love the doll’s bed idea - how pretty and clever! The little girl will be delighted when she opens the draw string and sees what’s inside. Hope someone takes a photo of her face when she sees what’s inside the bag!

Maria said...

A pretty crocheted blanket and a cute dolly bed ...

Susan said...

aaw....that is so pretty!

dq said...

What an adorable baby doll bed. Some little lady will treasure it.

Chookyblue...... said...

That is super cute....