Thursday 21 March 2024

Farmers Wife blocks no. 69 & 106

I am having fun sewing these blocks. Some are more challenging than others. 

 Block no. 69

Block no. 106

Fabrics have been chosen.

This is the pattern that was printed from Susan Gatewood but there were a few lines missing.


I have added the angled lines and added the colours so I don’t get them wrong.


Strips are cut ready for sewing.


Rows are being sewn together. I actually sewed them a little different. Instead of 5 squares across I joined 2 blocks together. Cutting down on a few seams.


I like the way this block worked out



And they are growing

I might start cutting the sashings and joining the rows together.

6 comments:

Lin said...

I love the 3d effect of your second block! xx

cityquilter grace said...

looking great jo...

Susan Smith said...

Looking good & oh, the dog & cat fabrics are so cute. Well done. Take care & hugs.

Jenny said...

You have been busy.

Linda in UK said...

What a lovely collection!

Janice said...

They turned out well. It’s worth studying a pattern to see if the construction can be tweaked to suit us better.