Saturday 9 March 2024

Waikerie sew in day and my raffle win

 We had a great day sitting, sewing, shopping, listening and learning. Then going through all the raffle prizes. Yes, there were 120 of them…..

So many times the number called was either side of my ticket.

Some people on our table won a few prizes. Colleen got drawn, collected her prize then she was drawn again. She kindly said I could claim the prize as I hadn’t won anything yet and it was my birthday coming up. She is so kind.


Colleen also bought me some sashiko thread for my present.

Then we got to nearly the end and everyone was just wanting it to finish. My number was drawn for 2nd prize. Wow what a gift. Here is what I got.

An A4 light box, a table runner pattern, a $25.00 gift voucher for a local store (so I have to go back for a visit)

And a beautiful little quilt.

This quilt will now be a gift for a work colleague who has recently had a premie baby girl. Even though itis blue the butterflies are suited for a little girl.



12 comments:

Maria said...

What a great day and so nice of Colleen to gift you her prize and also some pretty thread
You received some nice raffle prizes too.

Jenny said...

Light box- that's a great prize, and how kind of your friend to donate her extra prize to you. That's a lovely blue butterfly baby quilt.

Julie said...

What wonderful prizes Jo & that quilt is so cute - will be perfect for a wee girl as its more feminine with the flowers & butterflies xx

Arish said...

Maravillosos regalos. BESICOS.

cityquilter grace said...

nice prizes jo...and such a pretty butterfly quilt

Ondrea said...

Lovely prizes and birthday gifts. That quilt is so sweet and beautiful.

Janice said...

Great prizes there. I have that jelly roll here. The ultra flat light box will be very handy and the quilt is gorgeous. Fancy your friend gifting you Sashiko thread. Something that you will never use. LOL

loulee said...

Looks like a great get together and wow some fabulous prezzies and prizes. Love that butterfly quilt, so pretty and girly.

Lin said...

Such a pretty quilt! Lovely prizes, my light pad is one of my best ever investments, and lovely to have a voucher to spend. Nice gifts too. xx

Gail said...

First: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it was grand!
Second: You were a very lucky girl with your prizes and gifts! Enjoy them.

dq said...

The quilt will be so loved by baby girl.
Your prizes are very nice. Sounds like a good week.

Karen S said...

Wow, that is a great selection of prizes!!!
Even though you had to wait until the end, you were very lucky.