Friday, 24 October 2014

On my way to retreat for the weekend and my October 12" block is done and posted

I AM ON MY WAY TO QUILT RETREAT FOR THE WEEKEND.
MILLROSE RETREAT AT BALLAN HERE I COME.
THERE WILL BE ABOUT 10 OF US MEETING UP & I CANNOT WAIT.
I NEED A WEEKEND AWAY.
I HAVE HAD SUCH A STRESSFUL FEW WEEKS I NEED SOME ME TIME
https://www.millrosecottage.com.au/retreat
this is such a beautiful place to stay. They have a cafe next door and a quilt shop as well.
What a fantastic time away



My partner this month in the 12" block swap was Narelle.
Narelle wanted me to do any block in Black & White.
I know that sounds easy but choosing a block is a big decision.
I went with one that I had made years ago and a member of Kilmore Quilters showed everyone attheir retreat. I have since shown my friends I sew with on a Monday. It is a fun and easy block to do.
The 3D BOW TIE block.

I also sent a little gift to get her into the Christmas spirit.


8 comments:

  1. lovely block, you have been busy, busy.
    great progress over your last posts.
    Have a ball at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time, Jo. I'm sure you will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi J o hope you have an awesome time my friend you deserve it,take lots of pics and give Barb,Ann and Mel a hug from me,have fun.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy the retreat, your bow tie block is stunning and I love your purple blocks. De-stress to your hearts content!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fabulous time at Mill Rose with all your friends...

    Gorgeous block and nice extras.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bon Voyage! Have a wonderful quilty time.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be delighted to receive your bow tie black and white block. I'm sure your partner will love it! Have a wonderful time at your retreat. I'm sure you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the black and white block, it's very graphic. Enjoy the retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to have a read and leave me a message.
Have a great day