Friday 24 October 2014

On my way to retreat for the weekend and my October 12" block is done and posted

I AM ON MY WAY TO QUILT RETREAT FOR THE WEEKEND.
MILLROSE RETREAT AT BALLAN HERE I COME.
THERE WILL BE ABOUT 10 OF US MEETING UP & I CANNOT WAIT.
I NEED A WEEKEND AWAY.
I HAVE HAD SUCH A STRESSFUL FEW WEEKS I NEED SOME ME TIME
https://www.millrosecottage.com.au/retreat
this is such a beautiful place to stay. They have a cafe next door and a quilt shop as well.
What a fantastic time away



My partner this month in the 12" block swap was Narelle.
Narelle wanted me to do any block in Black & White.
I know that sounds easy but choosing a block is a big decision.
I went with one that I had made years ago and a member of Kilmore Quilters showed everyone attheir retreat. I have since shown my friends I sew with on a Monday. It is a fun and easy block to do.
The 3D BOW TIE block.

I also sent a little gift to get her into the Christmas spirit.


8 comments:

marina said...

lovely block, you have been busy, busy.
great progress over your last posts.
Have a ball at the retreat!

Christine M said...

Have a wonderful time, Jo. I'm sure you will.

Anonymous said...

Hi J o hope you have an awesome time my friend you deserve it,take lots of pics and give Barb,Ann and Mel a hug from me,have fun.xx

elliek said...

Hope you enjoy the retreat, your bow tie block is stunning and I love your purple blocks. De-stress to your hearts content!

Maria said...

Have a fabulous time at Mill Rose with all your friends...

Gorgeous block and nice extras.

Terri said...

Bon Voyage! Have a wonderful quilty time.
Hugs

dq said...

I would be delighted to receive your bow tie black and white block. I'm sure your partner will love it! Have a wonderful time at your retreat. I'm sure you need it!

Kate said...

Love the black and white block, it's very graphic. Enjoy the retreat!