Wednesday 22 October 2014

Pam Buda's sew along in PURPLES

I started to sew along with Pam Buda and the 
MARCUS FABRICS FRIENDS & COMPANIONS DESIGNER SEW-ALONG.
Each week, for 9 weeks, a different designer put up the directions to make a 8.5" block.
I didn't use their fabrics or the final design of quilt but I have made their blocks.
I have used a green and purple range of fabrics.
Here they are.........
Week 1


Week 2


Week 3


Week 4


Week 5


Week 6


Week 7



Week 8


Week 9

So my 9 blocks are done.
I am placing them with 13 blocks that were done by the members of another group I was in years ago. So this just maybe helping my finish a UFO out of my cupboard.
These blocks above only measure 8.5" so need to be built up to match my other blocks which have to be cut back to 11". I will add a dark purple border around the smaller block to build up,to the larger ones. I still have to do another 3 smaller blocks to make up my design..

This is my layout so far.


5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous blocks and is going to make a stunning quilt

KERYN B said...

Beautiful Jo, this will look fabulous when it's finished.

dq said...

This will be a gorgeous quilt. My favorite block is week 5. I can't believe all of the wonderful group things you are involved in. It must be so much fun!

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks! What a great way to get motivated on finishing off a UFO.

Chantal said...

WOW! Beautiful! I really like the Marcus blocks in purple. Great idea to combine two set of blocks together. Great job.