Saturday 25 October 2014

Scrap happy Saturday

I haven't participated in SCRAP HAPPY SATURDAY go quite a while.
I haven't done any RSC 14 blocks for months. I am so far behind.
My mum has been sick, my daughter has needed help and I have been so busy with 21st quilts....
Well here is a post to participate this week.
The other month was bright green fabric scraps so I worked on my Wonky star block.
I got another one done and added to my other blocks and put together a quilt for a special friend.
So here is my block made

My quilt top is done and on the frame for quilting.
I really only use this frame when I stipple a quilt or do an all over design.
 I do not have the knowledge or confidence to do much more on it.


The quilting is done.

The binding is on and it is finished



And here it is done with the label on it for a special friend of my Son, John. 
It is Haleey's 21st and I think she loves it.
I gave it to her on Thursday so I hope she gets great comfort from it.

My link up,today is with CHERYLL at......
Scrap happy Saturday

Not the Browns of this month though... I hope I can catch up...















20 comments:

Linda said...

What a wonderful quilt and a wonderful message.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo wow this quilt is gorgeous,oh she will love it and get great comfort from this,well done on a beautiful and special quilt.xx

Karen said...

This quilt sparkles and it is beautiful. Very lovely label and a special gift from your heart.

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish! It's a fun and colorful quilt, beautifully done.

elliek said...

These quilts are so special and I am sure are really treasured by the people getting them. Hope you are relaxed and a bit less stressed after retreat.

Angie said...

Wonderful quilt - love the stars and the colors!

Katie Z. said...

I love the blocks, particularly the darker stars!

dq said...

Wow! Your quilt is gorgeous. I am amazed at what you accomplish even though life has been challenging lately.

retdairyqueen said...

A wonderful quilt for your son's dear friend
A wonderful thing for you to do

scraphappy said...

Beautiful quilt. So glad you got it finished and gifted.

Melody said...

This quilt is very very VERY beautiful.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh what a fun finish! I don't remember seeing it so am glad you shared it at Tuesday Archives as I love the scrappy rainbow of colors with each white star!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

PS Do you have a tutorial on how you made that label???

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Again, one of my favorites...don't think one can ever tire of this one....just love it more each time I see it!!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful gift. Thank you for sharing your tender message. She will treasure this quilt forever.
Janie

sunny said...

I love this! I always want to use sashing for blocks like this, but I love the way they blend together!!

Edith said...

Beautiful quilt, such rich colours.

Jennifer said...

looks great- both of them! the stars and scrappy are a great idea!

Kathy S. said...

Beautiful and cheery. I love the way you did the star colors on it. Congrats on a beautiful finish.

Deb A said...

Wonderful! I'm sure they are so glad to have that wonderful moment of your son.