Tuesday 9 February 2016

I have had a great time away with my hubby and a friend


Wow, hasn't it been soooooo hot. I have been in Mildura for 5 days. It has been nearly 40 deg C every day. Ooooh aaaaaaaah.
We have had such a great time away but I haven't done any sewing though. I have been too busy and tired....
We had a lovely brunch at a riverside cafe....
Then on to a river cruise and through Loch 11

The gates are closing
The water level is dropping
Look how far the water has dropped. It drops nearly 10 feet
The other side gates have opened. We are now at the lower level.


Enjoying the trip with a friend



THE MARKS ON THE POLE SHOW THE FLOOD LEVELS OVER THE YEARS. VERY SCARY 

The paddle steamer THE ROTHBURY

The costing and times  board 
The Paddle Boat ROTHBURY was a fun trip and a leisurely cruise along the Murray River. It was very relaxing and enjoyable...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo,oh how lucky ,oh I love it up there,thankyou for sharing the lock pics,enjoy your time there my friend xx

kiwikid said...

Looks like a wonderful trip Jo..lovely to be on the river... ot sure about the 40 deg for the weeks!!! Phew!! That is hot!!

Kate said...

Hope it's cooled down some. Looks like your trip was fun, even with the heat.