Friday 2 November 2018

A NEW ZIP FOR AN OLD SLEEPING BAG

My brother had this beautiful sleeping bag that is so heaven and rated at a very high level of warmth. It was a shame to throw away when the zip was damaged and couldn't be used. So I wasn't losing much by giving it a go. Off to Spotlight to by a zip by the metre. It is a plastic chunky zip.
I'm not sure if ts as strong as the metal zip but the small teeth get jammed up easily.
 At least he can give it a go before replacing it.

Pinning the zip to the edge of the bag.
Making sure not to get the lining or outer side of the bag tucked under the zip.
As the lining is very slippery I had to be careful not to catch it anywhere.

Old zip cut off. Damaged in a couple of places.

It's a great heavy, warm sleeping bag lined with cosy flannelette.

Now my brother has a sleeping bag to use.
NO REPLACEMENT NEEDED

6 comments:

Mari said...

Good for you! Those zippers are nasty to replace. Great that you could get the right size, too. I hope your brother did something nice for you!

Linda said...

Well done for replacing the zip. So much better to repair rather than replace. Putting in zips scares me, so I am doubly impressed by your success.

Vireya said...

Looks good as new!

kiwikid said...

Fantastic job Jo, I didn't know,you could,buy zips bu the meter!! Your brother will be very happy.

jacaranda said...

Job well done, good sleeping bags are not cheap, you have saved him a great deal of money.

Jocelyn said...

Well done!