Sunday 18 November 2018

AHQ THANKYOU

Our patchwork group made and posted overseas more than 50 laundry bags to our service men and women. It boosts their sports, brightens their day and shows that people back home care about them.

It's not very often we get a reply but one day I received this.
How thrilled was I to pass it on to the group.

This is why we do it.




Good morning Jo.

My name’s PTE Annette.  I am currently deployed to Malaysia, –rotation, as the Finance Clerk. I have been here since 03 Sep and I am due to return to Australia 30 Nov.

Firstly, I must apologise for taking so long to send a reply, but the work here has been keeping me extremely busy. I am writing to thank you for the beautiful laundry bag that you all made and sent over for us to use – they have certainly come in very handy! I selected the lovely blue, black and white abstract design, which caught my eye over any of the others.  I am quite artistic and dabble in a number of creative pursuits, so this is probably why I selected this one.

I really appreciate all of the wonderful things that are sent over to all of our deployment locations, as I’m sure all other personnel do. It is such a lovely thought and a wonderful feeling to receive something from home, that was made from the heart and is so useful!

Could you please pass on my thanks and kind regards to all of those involved with the project. I wish you all every happiness and I karma comes back to you ten-fold…as you all deserve great things for the kindness you’ve shown. I don’t currently have a picture to send through, but I will endeavour to get something to you in the immediate future.

Take care and thank you again!

Kind regards

Annette

8 comments:

jacaranda said...

How wonderful, so thrilled that someone appreciates all the work done and they know Australia is thinking of them.

PaulaB quilts said...

That certainly personifies the gratitude we Quilters appreciate. It’s wonderful to see the smile from far away. Keep up the good work!

Maria said...

A lovely letter to show the group.. sew nice of them all to have helped make laundry bags .

elliek said...

Beautiful Jo. As you said that's why you do it.

dq said...

Oh what a treat to get that in the mail! YOu do so many wonderful acts of service for others, and I only hear about the sewing ones.

kiwikid said...

Lovely to hear from a recipient! And to get a photo.

Linda said...

How nice to hear from the person who received your laundry bag. Always good to get a 'Thank you'.

Sheryl said...

What a wonderful letter to receive and know that your efforts and generosity are appreciated, even more to actually receive a photo and have prove that ones work hasn´t just `disappeared