Thursday 22 November 2018

Convergence 1

I have always wanted to try to make a CONVERGENCE QUILT.
Well here I am going to try.

This year for my birthday fat quarter swap I asked for RED, WHITES OR BLUES. So it's about time I cut into them and made something.

I chose 4 fat 1/4s
Stitched them together into pairs

Cross cut them in strips starting with 1" and increasing each cut by 1/2" intervals until I reached the end.


Then you interlace them. Moving the pile from the left to fit into the space of the strips on the right.

Here they are laid out all ready to sew back together again. 



That's as far as I got this weekend.

6 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Haven't seen one of these. Can't wait to see how it ends up. I'll stay tuned for the big reveal.

Maria said...

I made one years ago but don't remember how it was put together sew will watch your progress.

jacaranda said...

This is interesting, looking forward to seeing them sewn together.

kiwikid said...

Great quilt to have a go at Jo, like the fabrics you have chosen, looking forward to seeing them sewn together.

Linda said...

Not seen this idea before so I will be watching its progress with great interest.

Vireya said...

I've never looked into how the Convergence quilts are made, so it is interesting to see the process.