Sunday 20 December 2020

Panel swap with USA.

I just love swapping and doing something diferent. This swap we were to send a panel to our partner and they were to add up to 3 borders to finish the top. Due to the cost and time delays of postage to USA. mypartner and I decided to nominate a theme we would like. We would buy our partners panel and add borders then post to them. This way there would be only one way postage. My partner Sheila chose Xmas. This panel I did for her I have done before into wallhangings.I searched Pinterest for ideas then chose fabrics to match...
See the panel at the top. The fabrics go really well together.
This is what I ended up making. I'm very happy with the result.
I know Sheila was very happy with it. She took it to work and showed her colleagues. I can't wait to get mine in the mail. Apparently it has travelled to Tokyo on the way here to Australia..... And mine is here and its stunning. I am solucky to have a beautiful quilt top made for me as asurprise. The panel is just beautiful with those cute bears. The tree blocks are new to me. I haven't seen this design before. ANYWAY..... HERE IT IS.
Sheila also sent me some matching fabric for the binding, a little card with 2 fridge magnets..
I am so happy with this swap. There is talk of another swap being done in 2021 so I have already said YES!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Both completed panels look wonderful! But I have to ask, what did you request for your theme? Bears, the great outdoors, or something like that, perhaps? Certainly a great idea to each purchase the panels and to save some of the postage costs.

Sharon Kwilter said...

I love the twisted border on either side of that panel.

kiwikid said...

Love your Christmas panel and how you have bordered it. The bear quilt top you received is gorgeous, what a wonderful swap.

Maria said...

A fun swap and both finished panels are lovely..

Vireya said...

I love what you did with the Christmas panel, and the bears look great! Cutting out one lot of postage was a good idea, that has become so expensive.

Lin said...

Two lovely swaps - I especialy like the border on your red one. xx

Janice said...

A fun swap.