Thursday 31 December 2020

GOODBYE 2020 & HAPPY NEW YEARS 2021

Well what a year we have had. I haven't had much inspiration or motivation this year. Yes, I have done some quilting, followed blogs, been on Zoom with great friends, joined in with QATW swaps but I haven't felt the same as usual. I have missed our group, weekends away, catching up with friends and of course, quilting retreats. Our daughter, husband and grandies have moved to our town. This has been great but be still have to fall in to a routine of seeing each other. Covid interrupted. They have both secured jobs which is so wonderful and makes things so stress free. I had a great day sewing with my friend today. I got 1 border ready for BH FROLIC.. I have a Zoom with CHOOKY tomorrow and hope to get it attached.. 2021 is going to be better. I had a wonderful few days with my brother at Tocumwal. Met some great friends of his. Some of which we will be going through the middle of Australia and to the top end in May 2021. Another lady who says she doesnt quilt much but has been sewing for 10 years. She is doing EPP hexies. Something I dont do. She also lives in Geelong and doesnt know any quilters. I hope this can be changed in 2021. Nerida, You are amazing. To all my friends in blog land, my quilting world, my friends and family I can only hope and wish for a much happier, healthier and safer 2021.

10 comments:

dq said...

It sounds like your 2020 went ok in spite of Covid. I am looking forward to Quilting and blogging with you in 2021.

Jenny said...

Happy New Year to you too, blog friends are really appreciated! Here's hoping 2021 will be better year for us all.

Terry said...

Happy New Year! :0)

Vireya said...

I was like you in being unmotivated in 2020. Best wishes for a happier and more "normal" 2021!

Karen's Korner said...

I will drink to that - health, happiness and safety for us all.

jude's page said...

Happy New Year to you Jo, good to "see" you at Chooky's today. Roll on 2021 to whatever it brings.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I popped into Chooky's Zoom for a bit, such fun to have a virtual day with quilters. Now stopping by some new-to-me blogs to make new friends on this New Year's Day. Happy New Year! Love that meme with the TP, LOL!!

Gail said...

It was fun sharing with you on Zoom yesterday! Bright blessing to you and yours in 2021!

kiwikid said...

Happy New Year to you and your family Jo, hoping you have a happy and healthy year. Lovely to have your daughter and family near by now. Was great to see you and have a little chat at Chookys party yesterday.

Chookyblue...... said...

yes its been a different year......I too have really missed my sewing time with friends. retreats etc.......all gone........thank goodness for zoom otherwise I would have sewn nothing....hope the lady finds someone to sew with. Surely there is someone in Geelong.....but then that's the beauty of blogging......I don't feel so isolated as I have friends online any time of the day.........