Thursday 10 December 2020

SPF KRIS KRINGLE BUNTING

As like many others due to Covid our sewwing group haven't been together since March but we are lucky enough to have a month with zero cases and restrictions have been lifted somewhat. We can now get together for a meal. So our Xmas break up was held at the local pub. For our Kris Kringle we were to make a bunting with 7 points. I chose not to do a Xmas design but did a crazy patchwork in a fresh yellow and green pallette...
For the alternating blocks I did tone on tone fabrics and added half doilies. These doilies we crocheted by my mother so they are a bit special to me. I enjoyed working with them.
So here is my finished bunting.
I'll post the bunting I get soon.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

That is so pretty, how could you bear to give it away? Mmmm, wonder what your gift is like.

kiwikid said...

Tyat bunting is beautiful Jo and with special meaning too.

Cheryll said...

Looks great Jo... and a lovely idea.
Hope you love yours too...
Merry Christmas xox

jude's page said...

What a great idea to make up having 7 points, and so special with those memories in it.

Maria said...

Such a lovely idea to swap bunting..
I like that you didn’t do a Christmasy one.
The crazy patch and doilies look fabulous together....

Linda said...

Very pretty bunting, a nice Spring like feel which is very welcome as we in the UK head towards our shortest day and try to cope with all our Covid restrictions. How lovely that you are showcasing your Mum’s beautiful doyleys. I remember your posts as you worked your way through your Mum’s stash, UFOs etc. Enjoy your Christmas break up.

jacaranda said...

Your bunting is beautiful, reminds me of Golden Wattle. I also like that yours wasn't Christmas, we don't have a white Christmas so it was appropriate to use our summer colours.

marina said...

so pretty Jo, love the doilies added!

Janice said...

Just lovely. I’m sure recipient will be very happy.