Wednesday 27 January 2021

Birthday fat quarter parcels & my BLOG BOOK

 My quilt group has a thing going on for any member that wants to take part. You put your name on the list at the start of the year , nominate a fat quarter you want and the year begins. My choice is BATIKs as I don’t have any. You get the list and each month at our gathering when it’s your birthday you receive fat quarter from everyone on the list. This year we have 17 on the list.

I have decided to make it fun and make a special gift wrapping for them.


Aren’t these fun. They are made out of one sheet of scrapbooking paper (a thick one). Then add a simple square to keep the top together. I have used this as the name tag too. 

I think they are cute... These ones were for the January members. We don’t have anyone in February so I can get a lot of them made during this month to be ahead of time.


MY BLOG BOOK.





I had last years blog posts printed into a book. I was so excited when it arrived in the Mail. It’s not as big as all the other years. Just goes to show I didn’t do many posts or much sewing through the COVID year.






14 comments:

Maria said...

Lovely gift boxes ..
So good to have your blogs done into books...

Denice Barker said...

I started to have my blogs bound after seeing yours. It's a good way to save them! I like your different colors, I was a bit more boring and made them all the same so they look like a row of encyclopedias on the shelf!

Karen's Korner said...

Pretty gift boxes. Love the blog book idea.

Jenny said...

Such a great idea to get your blog posts made into books. I'm presuming it is done on line. Does someone set it all up for you, or do you have to do it yourself, page by page?

Janet O. said...

That sounds like a fun sort of birthday club. When it is your turn I hope you will show us all the pretty batiks you receive.
I have been so tempted to have my blog made into books, but I am guessing it would get pretty pricey to go back and have them all done now after 10 years. Yours look really good, and I'm guessing the different colored covers would make it easier to find the year you want.

kiwikid said...

Wonderful birthday club idea, I like the boxes , they are a great treat and a bit different. So good to see your blog books, I am waiting on mine to arrive too.

Terry said...

I've been having blog books made for years, and I'm so glad I did. :0)

dq said...

I am so glad you showed us your blog book. I have been wondering what they might look like! I must do that!

Lin said...

I do like your gift wrappings - great idea. xx

jacaranda said...

Love your gift origami gift boxes. Fabulous idea to print your blog into a book each year. My blog has slackened off a lot.

Vireya said...

Very pretty gift boxes! Your blog book looks good - perfect photo for the back cover to sum up the year!

Janice said...

What a clever idea row present the fat quarters. Your blog books look so good all together. I’ve never got around to it and therefore I think the cost would be astronomical to do all the years. Maybe I’ll bight the bullet one year and get them done.

jude's page said...

Great gift idea Jo, and yes it is exciting to receive the blog books. I have a collection now from 2011, and used to get one a year, but lately I have to do one each 6 months as they don't fit into one. I must have too much to say these days!

Chookyblue...... said...

Think I have a couple of blog years to print.. I think I missed it during the drought....mind you I've also had a quiet few years so mine would be smaller to.... They cost a bit but so worth the memories..... .