Friday 1 January 2021

Welcome 2021. Thank you Chooky for ZOOM

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE.... LETS ALL WELCOME IN 2021
We can only hope for a better, healthier year. I can truly say it has started off well thanks to Chookyblue with getting us all together via ZOOM. If nothing else, we have learnt to communicate via ZOOM instead of getting together for our quilting gatherings and retreats. ZOOM has connected us with overseas quilters and bloggers. It has been amazing actually talking with bloggers that we would normally only comment on blogs or email. Putting a face and voice to the blog person has been wonderful.
Over the day, from 7 am- 10 pm, we had about 20 ladies join in from AUS, USA, CANADA, GERMANY, NZ & FRANCE. The topics discussed were varied and I was asked to put up my Easy ( non traditional ) Xmas steamed pudding. It is great for diabetics as you can add any dried fruit you like. It doesn't have flour or sugar and is made in just over 2 hours. I actually make it, cut it into portions, then freeze it. It is then ready any time I need a quick yummy dessert.
This is what it looks like before cooking.
Then after cooking
Now what was I sewing. Well I had an amazing day. The last Zoom we had I said to Deana that I would get the quilt she designed quilted. It was a SAL but I didnt make the full size or design as what she had designed. Check out the pattern here. I can't seem to get the link to work so have a look at dreamworthyquilts.blogspot.com and search for QUILTERS GARDEN ROW QUILT. Deana is selly this pattern on Etsy too. Yes I got it quilted.
The binding is on and I am hand stitching the back side down.
Then I spent the later part of the day trimming and adding the borders to Bonnie Hunters FROLIC 2019 Mystery quilt. It is now a completed top ready for quilting.
One discussion was about what happens on new years day will happen throughout the year. Well I am off to a productive year. Let's bring on 2021 and let me continue on a great, fun, sewing year. Have a great day planning the restof your sewing year with friends.... Can't wait for the next ZOOM. Thanks everyone for sharing on their blogs and following me, It is greatinspiration and helps the soul...

11 comments:

Maria said...

It’s was sew good to catch up on Zoom even though I wasn’t on long..
Fabulous finish and your Frolic flimsy looks great....

Chookyblue...... said...

was great to catch up and yes hoping for much more productivity in my sewing for 2021.....need to go prep some more stuff today....
you did great and got heaps done.......I love both those quilts......
Here's to more zoom sewing......

Vireya said...

I've never participated in Zoom, although I have now observed a couple of presentations done that way. Your sewing Zoom looks incredible with all those happy quilters!

Your Frolic looks fantastic, well done getting it all together, and finishing your Quilters Garden Row quilt. Best wishes for a productive 2021.

Janet O. said...

It was really fun getting to meet and visit with you! What a fun group of quilters from around the world. Thank you for the warm welcome.
Your productivity is obvious, and I am impressed.
Looking forward to future visits!

Laura said...

You have accomplished a lot!

jacaranda said...

Your Frolic 2019 is beautiful. I attend a zoom meeting once a week, I enjoy them but I don’t speak, I sit, listen and observe everyone else trying to get a say. They are fun.

jude's page said...

Love you Frolic quilt, it is amazing! And loving the zoom days as well.

kiwikid said...

Two wonderful quilts there Jo, you got heaps done! Zooms with Chooky and co are always a good way to spend the day. Your steamed pudding sounds great.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Love and am following your rule: don't talk about 2020 and if someone does, I walk away

Susan said...

You are so right about ZOOM - one of the good things to come out of Covid.

I will certainly grab the pudding recipe - sounds like a good one...bit like the 4 ingredient fruit cake that I love to make.

Great finished there - I didn't realise that quilt was from Deanna - must go look it up - as if I need a another pattern.
good to have FNWF back too.

dq said...

Your Frolic Quilt is stunning, Jo. I really love it!