Sunday 24 April 2022

BH mystery Rhododendron Trail

 While away I also did a little bit on my BH mystery. Not much but a little.

But first I actually decided to give my machine a bit of a clean. Look at that felt. Yes, it does sew a bit quieter now..

Here I am sewing the extra line to now be able to cut between the 2 lines which will create a pinwheel block. I need heaps of them.

Here they are. All sewn, cut and being pressed open.


Now they are all trimmed for the next step. This will happen at retreat soon.


As some had already left retreat I was up earlier than normal for a group photo on pack up day.

I then went back to bed for a short while before I headed off for a 4 1/2 hour drive to my first nights rest stop on my journey home.

Thanks Chooky for this great time. I will surely be trying to get there next year.





8 comments:

Janet O. said...

Well, that makes me wonder how long it has been since I have cleaned out behind the bobbin case and under the throat plate of my machine.
Hey, progress is progress. But it appears to me that you accomplished more than just a little bit.
Good of you to drag yourself out of bed for the group shot. LOL

loulee said...

You made great achievements at the retreat and lots of lovely memories I'm sure.

Chookyblue...... said...

We do need to remember to clean or machines...... Thanks for getting me on the job.....
So pleased you were up for the group pic...... And I hope you can join us again next year......

Susan said...

Chooky does start at "ridiculous o'clock"!!!

Jindi's Cottage said...

A bit quieter? ha ha ha... Hopeful for next year...

Janice said...

Well done. You worked away and next thing there were placemats instead of scraps, and such a clever design.

Janice said...

Such a fun time. Look forward to seeing you next year.

kiwikid said...

That reminds me I should check my machine too!! You did well with sewing and trimming on the Sunday morning. I hope you can go next year.