Monday 18 April 2022

Retreat Saturday lunch & RED night dinner

On Saturday we sat down for our lunch and we’re given a little gift. This gift is to be made for/by the retreat next year.

The table was set.

And a gift was given.

The finished project we are to make.

It was a lovely pin cushion on a wooden base. There were 3 sizes. Small, medium and large. I received a medium size. There was fabric of a printed Japanese fabric or a plain which you could work a design of sashiko on it. I have chosen a design to work on the plain fabric using a variegated sashiko thread. Hopefully I can get to the retreat next year to share my gift

Now, for dinner we were to wear red. Well that was a bit hard as I didn’t own anything red and I couldn’t find anything in the shops at home. It is not an easy colour to find. So off to the clearance shelf in Spotlight to buy some fabric. I made a pair of pj’s as this is what I wear on zoom when I talk to all the ladies. I thought it was fitting and even more so, I was very comfortable and felt like I was at home.

​​​​I did pinch the table decoration to put on my head.

Everyone at the table

Of course, me having some fun

Some ladies are ready.

Chooky and I 

Another table view

All ready for show n tell

Chooky, Sue and myself



 

17 comments:

loulee said...

LOL Perfect, of course you made PJs.
Looks like you all had great fun.

Susan said...

I love reading all the blog posts about Scrub Stitchin' - love your PJs!

Vireya said...

Looks like it was fun all round. Love your jarmies!

Jindi's Cottage said...

It went so fast and so hard to remember all the details so having a great time revisiting via the posts...love your jammies, they are so "you" :)...will be fun to see the finished pincushions next year...

kiwikid said...

I hope those jammies make an appearance on a zoom sometime! It certainly looks was a great weekend.

Maria said...

I’ve enjoyed reading and seeing all the posts about the retreat.
Lots of fun was had by all and so many gorgeous quilts quilts made and for show and tell.

Karen S said...

Looks like a great time. Love the idea of red and making PJs. Great idea with the gift suggestion/planning.

FlashinScissors said...

Hi! Looks like you all had a lot of fun! Great idea to make PJ’s, they should come 8n handy. πŸ˜πŸ‘
The Sashiko pincushions are a great idea. Hope you manage to finish yours for next year!
Barbara πŸ™‹‍♀️πŸ‘

Christine M said...

Looks like you all had a fabulous time, Jo. xx

Janet O. said...

What wonderful pincushion kits. Love that idea!
Oh, Jo, you crack me up with your red pjs and centerpiece headdress. Just perfect! ;)

Karen's Korner said...

Love the pj's . What a fun night.

Jenny said...

Loved meeting you in person Jo. Great photos

Raewyn said...

Oh how fabulous!! I love the Red theme and your PJs are just perfect for it!!!!!! Hoping I can see your pin cushion in person next year!!!!

Janice said...

Bringing back great memories

Denice Barker said...

Everything looks like great fun and I'm surprised you all got any sewing done, but that kimono quilt of yours, Jo, Oh, my!!!!!!!!!! It' stunning!

jude's page said...

Great quilts for show and tell, and love all the red outfits, great idea with the jammies.

Chookyblue...... said...

omg how have i missed commenting on this post.........such good memories......I do love that red hair you had......lol