Friday 15 April 2022

Scrub Stitchin’

 I’m sitting here with Annette at dinner last night  enjoying our fresh prawns but no risotto, Sorry Chooky.


Feeling guilty as I have not done a post yet about my recent trip.


This year I was lucky enough to have a week away and go to Scrub Stitchin’. I have finally met a few ladies that I have been zooming with, thanks to Chooky, during covid. Zooming has brought us all a step closer together but actually meeting them was amazing.

It was about a 1000 kms trip to get there and very worth it. I have taken a few pics from some other blogs as I didn’t take many.

When we arrived the tables were set. We just had to pick a seat.



Some progress photos.

I worked on the twister quilt as the designated project if you wanted to join in. My blocks were sewn together.

Then cut up again

Resewn  together.


Then I was challenged to make a mini with the scraps. Challenge accepted.



Another placemat made.

I also made another 2 pink placemats to join in with RSC & table scrap challenge.



Hopefully I can attend again next year.

Here are just a few places to go see some more about Scrub Stitchin’ .

Chooky,  Jindi ,  Janice,  Sue  I know there are more out there which I will enjoy reading.

Thanks ladies for a great time.


18 comments:

Jindi's Cottage said...

The prawns were Delicious!! It was such a good few days to spend stitching and chatting...love your twister quilts and we knew you couldn't resist a challenge! ha ha ha...

Vireya said...

Your Twister rainbow worked out beautifully, and I love the mini version too. Sounds like a great time away.

jacaranda said...

You sound like you had a fabulous time away stitching and new friendships made.

Maria said...

Enjoy your prawns , not my favourite…
Yes I did see you made lots of lovely projects at Scrub Stitching.
Hope to catch up on Chooky’s Zoom tomorrow morning…..

Chookyblue...... said...

got to get my posts up yet........no prawn risotto????.......you twister looks great and the baby identical looks so cool also..........so tiny and fiddly.......

Karen's Korner said...

Love the fabrics in your twister quilt and well done on taking up the challenge and the end result.

Jenny said...

That was a long trip for you, 1000km! But well worth it, I'm sure. I didn't realise that twister blocks were made that way, thanks for showing the process.
You all seemed to have a great time away at Scrub Stitching, such fun

cityquilter grace said...

oh what a lovely retreat and beautiful projects to show for it...retreats are such fun...glad you got to go!

Janice said...

I’m so pleased you were able to join us at Scrub Stitchin and great to finally meet you for real. Your projects were so good and I was rather impressed with your tiny twister.

kiwikid said...

So good to see you again at Scrub Stitching, it is Lways such fun and productive time. Hope you can go next year.

loulee said...

Looks like you all had a fantastic time. Great that you got to join in. Love your twister quilts.

Janet O. said...

It was so fun to actually Zoom while you gals were at retreat, and to see your projects (you know I LOVE your mini twister quilt!!), and the lovely setting of the retreat.

Susan said...

I loved your twister project - very keen to make the tiny one too!

The placemats are a great idea.

Christine M said...

Was Annette peeling your prawns for you? How nice of her! LOL! Your twister quilt is fabulous Jo.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE that you made another zippered placemat from those rainbow scraps and the PINK ones for the April 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge are great, too!!

Jenny said...

Love the big and mini twister

Raewyn said...

Oh I see you've been doing the placemats wit the zips for a bit now! Very cool. The Twister quilt looks great and I love that you took up - and conquered - the challenge to make the mini!

jude's page said...

Great that you got to go to Scrub Stitching, looks like a great time was had by all, love your twister quilt, and especially that little cute one.