Friday 29 April 2022

Zoom, a special visit and baking

 I was out to dinner with my daughter and Chooky called an impulse zoom. I could join in when I got home to see her finish another binding. Progress is great. So fun to chat.

I got a call from  Janice  and she was camped nearby. So we agreed for her and Mick to share morning tea with us the following day. Well I know they love baking and eating cakes. So off into the kitchen straight away. I decided to make an apple and walnut cake. I had everything for it except my usual cake tin. Who knows where that went. So it was made a bit thinner into a small casserole dish. It still cooked ok.

Janice bought along her slice and we swapped recipes. 


We chatted away. I showed off my messy sewing rooms. The guys chatted about their toys. Bikes, campers, travel etc… so many things in common. The time went fast and we had a great time.

Then for the photo shoot. A close up with the messy back ground.

And from the other direction. Thanks Mick for your camera skills

It was wonderful having you visit and we can’t wait to meet up again and go on a bike trip with you both. 


8 comments:

Janet O. said...

Whether over Zoom or in real life, quilting friends are the best. What a fun visit!

loulee said...

Lucky you, Janice and Mick are wonderful people.

Chookyblue...... said...

that was a sudden decision with the SS girls to zoom......but we had a few on......hoping for a big zoom soon......
I heard from Janice and she was in Swan Hill.......I had no idea they were going south so wondered then if she saw you on the way south.......so pleased you got to catch up.......love messy sewing rooms....not sure how those perfect girls keep there's perfect.....although Janice is close to perfect.......

Jenny said...

What a lovely time you had together when Janice and Mick came to visit. Home baking, hot drinks, checking out your sewing room, and plenty of chatting and laughter, I'm sure.

Cheryll said...

It’s always a wonderful thing catching up with friends... xox

Susan said...

That would have been a fun meet up - and lucky in some ways you had met in person not long ago!

kiwikid said...

Great to be able to catch up and spend some time together. Nothing better than a messy sewing room!!

Janice said...

It was such a fun visit. We feel very honoured that you baked for us. Just as well I had baked while in the van just beforehand. Where would we be without our messy sewing rooms. Mine is on a par at the moment. And look, the tops we were wearing even matched.