Sunday 7 January 2024

Catchup post. Japan in November posts. Blog book day

 I was really slack a lot of 2023. I didn't sew much or even blog much. I did read other blogs but couldn't be bothered doing my own. I had a very busy year with other things going on so the other day I decided to get stuck into and add in a lot of posts that should have been done. The blog2print was a push offering 50% off until tomorrow helped. I have done my blog books. Yes, BOOKS. I had so many photos that I needed to do 2 books. Thankfully they were 50% off. I also decided to change the format, so my printing stayed in the correct spot in reference to the photos. This made so many more pages. Ill compare the 2 formats when I get them in the post.

My Japan trip took a lot of days up but are now all done. That was a challenge as there were over 1000 photos that I added. These all start back on 13.11.2023 if you want to go see a lot of photos of what I saw and where I went. I know it's not the same as being there but be warned. 

VERY PHOTO HEAVY POSTS.

If you want to see a media video of the Yokohama Quilt show go to this post.

I have spent hours and days trying to catch up.

Sorry I missed zoom yesterday Chooky but I needed to focus and didn't check emails or my phone while doing this. I spent from when I got up to midnight on the computer. I got there. I have just only finished now. So off and do the following while watching some Quilt Show episodes on YouTube.

After I finished doing the blog2print I hope to trace out more of my Scrub Stitchin' bag 


to look like this

then work on the next butterfly quilt.  This is sort of the layout I will go with. Now to start trimming, adding in filler blocks to make the rows the same width and working out the finished size.


Butterfly quilt no.1 has gone to be quilted by another member

That will be my Sunday gone and back to work on Monday after a few weeks off.


8 comments:

Narelle said...

Those butterflies are gorgeous! Love them x

Susan Smith said...

Wow, that was a busy day & I keep thinking of a blog book, but don't know how to go about it. I admire those who are tech savvy & I'll admit to being way behind on my blogposts, due to a lack of mojo for anything. Your butterfly quilt is just gorgeous & there seem to be quite a few of you doing the Anni Downes bag for No.6. Take care & hugs.

Jenny said...

Back to work again, oh dear, doesn't a couple of weeks go by fast!

cityquilter grace said...

very pretty butterflies!

Janice said...

You’ve made a good start to your bag. I’m sure that now you are back home you will have it finished in no time. Silly me, decided I want to try needle turn appliqué on mine, so it is waiting patiently for me to do a little practice first.

kiwikid said...

Wow you have had a busy time, I could not sit at the computer for that long!! Your bag is looking good, love the butterflies.

BizarreQuilter said...

butterflies are beautiful Jo.

I'm with you! Catching up on some posts now. It's often a case of shall I sew or blog? If I blog, I have nothing to show tomorrow, kind of thing. ha!

I love blog2 print. Can't wait to see yours whenthey arrive

Christine M said...

Your quilt is looking fabulous.