Thursday 8 February 2024

Back to Flip La K blocks

  Some time last year our quilt group did a Flip La K workshop and our learning block was a challenge.

Lots to take in but necessary to understand the process of using the rulers.


Our first block fabrics was supplied by the tutor, Brenda. With the intention of the blocks being made into a charity quilt. Yes, I took on the challenge to put them together.

Well they were all shapes and sizes even though it was to finish a square.

I have unpicked some blocks and will iron and resew them.

 I have an idea of how to make a design where they will fit together. Some blocks also ended up in reverse.


10 comments:

Jenny said...

Looking good! But they seem a bit tricky for me to put together, no trouble for you though.

Susan Smith said...

Loving it & well done. I've heard of those rulers but never really seen them anywhere, so not bothered with them, but have a lot of rulers I've only used once or twice. Maybe we should try a do some sort of sewalong with various rulers we've bought. Take care & hugs. Ooh, we did have an earthquake last night here, which I thought maybe I'd dreamt. Look forward to seeing the final result. Take care & hugs.

loulee said...

They are interesting blocks even without all the differences. You do like a challenge.

Janice said...

It sounds like quite a challenge. You are the person to problem solve it. Good luck.

Janet O. said...

Oh, my goodness, Jo. Looks like you got more than you bargained for. I know you will make it work out well, but I can't imagine the patience it has taken to unpick and restitch these challenging blocks. I would have been tempted to add another extra wide border around each block, and then trim them all to the same size and call it good, no matter which way the blocks were facing. You amaze me!

dq said...

Very, very nice blocks, Jo. Gotta love that busy fabric tamed down by the blues!

Maria said...

You are so patient Jo.

Susan said...

I think you will be busy for a bit - isnt it funny how they end up different even though its the same pattern??
Good Luck!

Ondrea said...

They really look great. I don't think my brain could work it out lol.

Linda said...

My goodness, those blocks look complicated! A bit like doing a jigsaw puzzle?