Monday 26 February 2024

The Flip La K quilt is looking good and ready for sashings.

 Another day of sewing had me working on Flip La K.

Sewing borders on to twist the blocks. This design covers up the different size blocks.

All borders have been put on the blocks and they are now trimmed ready for sashings. I will have to rearrange and twist some blocks to mix them up a bit first.


My daughter got this beach trolley when she bought her camper van. She didn’t want it. So lucky me.
It is now mine. The girls at sewing use them to load their sewing around on our sit n sews and retreats. Makes short work of a few loads.



11 comments:

dq said...

Yay, you got a wagon. It is on my bucket list for retreats.

Lin said...

I love how this top is coming together. xx

Janice said...

I can’t believe how good the quilt is looking. The trolley will be so handy. One of our group uses one each week, as she has trouble carrying her stuff.

Maria said...

The Flip La K blocks are fantastic.
Lucky you getting the handy trolley.

Jenny said...

This project is coming along well. Lucky you with the trolly. But... are they awkward to get in and out of the car, maybe they fold up?

Susan Smith said...

I'm loving your Flip La K blocks & look forward to seeing it come together. The buggy should be handy. Stay cool this week, take care & hugs.

loulee said...

Those blocks look great, they are coming together beautifully.

Julie said...

Those blocks are looking so great Jo! Especially with their borders on. Gosh what a score with the trolley - I would've said YES Please to that as well! Wishing you a great week ahead xx

Susan said...

very creative idea Jo - well done
love that trolley - I have thought of getting something similar.

Karen S said...

Great work with the blocks. Close to a finish!
Love the wagon. And a great way to use it.

Jenny said...

The trolley will be very useful. Your quilt is very unusual and the colours very rich. It would make a good quilt for a man too.