Wednesday 4 June 2014

Another Xmas finish...

I was making a table runner which has now turned into a candle mat.
While I was on retreat a friend made a Dresden plate runner. I had my Xmas fabric there in a bag. Her runner went together very easily so I thought I'd try it. It turned out very nice as a candle mat / table centre. BUT it needed more.....
So I decided to put a candle with it. NOT just a plain old candle...
I love Scrapbooking so have many supplies. Out into the boxes I go...
I got out my Ink and stamp pads. Found a script stamp and went for it.
I was a bit scared but I just rolled and stamped. Then it was a bit plain so I added the gold ribbon & to finish it off I glued on the holly with tartan bow.

Look how cute it has turned out now. I am very happy with it.


6 comments:

Jindi's Cottage said...

That looks fabulous Jo, great idea...

Maria said...

Beautiful....

Anonymous said...

wow Jo no wonder you where happy with it ,it looks awesome and what you did to the candle looks fantastic,you are a clever chicky.xx

elliek said...

You should be happy it looks fabulous.

Christine M said...

Your candle mat is lovely, Jo.

Binsa said...

Hi Jo, love your Christmas finish, gorgeous. Warm Regards, O'faigh