Sunday 22 June 2014

HAPPY 50th to my DEAR FRIEND

Today for SLOW STITCHING SUNDAY I did not do much.
I stayed in bed until 3pm reading. It was so nice to relax. I then got up and sewed a label onto this special quilt I was giving as a gift later on tonight. Then I got ready and off we went.
It was a celebration for my special girlfriend Christine who had just turned 50. She was not too happy about her new age but we made her forget for a little while.
I had made this quilt a few years back and every time Christine saw it she always commented how much she loved it. Well, I put that in the storage bank and saved it for this special time.
And for the backing and label....
She was so thrilled with it and I am so happy I kept it for her.
HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY to my great friend CHRISTINE.xoxox

7 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What a sweet friend you are! I am glad that your friend loved the quilt.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

What a wonderful gift and surprise for her! :)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

What a great birthday gift and I love the backing! Fifty was sorta hard for me, but I got over it!

elliek said...

Love the quilt. So glad it was well loved.

Gina said...

What a great quilt. Love the dragon. I'm Welsh and we have a thing for dragons xx

Jindi's Cottage said...

Great quilt...lovely that you saved it for your friend's special birthday...

Quilter Kathy said...

What a wonderful gift! Sounds like a perfectly relaxing day!
Thanks for linking up!