Wednesday 11 June 2014

Heathcote's WIP baby quilt

Part of being a member of a quilt group is to help out where & when needed.
We have our quilt show coming up at the end of the year so we are working on the raffle quilts.
We have a larger one being done and this little beauty.
A cute little baby quilt. 
The embroidered blocks were donated.
A few of the ladies pieced the blocks together.
Fun quilting with a giraffe, rabbit,whale & dolphins

Then I added a dog, cow, pig, horse & birds

 Next to come was a cat, sheep & an elephant.


 
Then to add some framing colour I did a double binding of blue and orange.
I hope the girls like what I have done. 
All that is left is to finish the binding.

This is my.    WIP WEDNESDAY project today.
I'm also linking to VALS QUILTING STUDIO for Archive Tuesday FMQ...


8 comments:

Pinnylea Creations said...

Love all the animals quilted into this - it will be treasured by some little person xx

Ellen said...

Wonderful quilting...this quilt is a treasure!

Terry said...

What a fun quilt! I love the quilting on it! :0)

Ruth said...

Grat fun, love the elephant!

Christine M said...

Gorgeous quilt, Jo. I love the quilted animals on it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo what a lovely quilt this is i love the bright colours,well done.xx

elliek said...

Well done Jo. Great quilt.

Zenia Rene said...

This is too cute. The elephant and the whale are my favorites. I found your blog on Val's Quilting Studio Linky. Please stop on by my blog: A Quilted Passion.