Tuesday 24 June 2014

My boy is being PIXELATED

I am doing a workshop at my Heathcote group tomorrow. It is held by Liz Allen. I had some preparation cutting to do. I was putting this off as I had to cut 4500 1/2" squares. It was bad enough going out and trying to find 16 colours of fabric that slowly graduated from light to dark.
I gave a photo of my son and I got back a pattern in sepia colours. The picture quilt will measure about 30" * 36". That's a lot of squares. I finally went out and started cutting. It took me 3 hours..
MY FABRIC CHOICE

I'M STARTING TO CUT

ALL DONE AND BAGGED.
WITH THE PHOTO & PATTERN
Click on the links to see the next steps.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jo this will be awesome,,what a lovely keepsake,sending big hugs.xx

Jindi's Cottage said...

I'm dizzy just thinking about that many 1/2" squares! Looking forward to seeing John immortalised in fabric...

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

WOW how are you making this with only 1/2" squares? Looking forward to seeing more about your method. hugs

Ellen said...

Yikes...1/2" squares??? You will have a wonderful keepsake when you are done!!

Gina said...

I'm having nightmares for you . I wouldn't even know where to begin. It'll look amazing though I bet xx

Christine M said...

I can't wait to see this. It is going to be wonderful, Jo.

elliek said...

Wow, all those 1/2" squares( and you think my AHHH's are bad!) Can't wait to see the finished project, I'm sure it will be beautiful.

creations.1 said...

This is going to be really special - a beautiful memento jo.

scraphappy said...

Oh my goodness. I can't imagine a project of that scale. What treasure it will be when it is done.