Monday 21 December 2015

More gifts I received....

I saw on Sue's blog she has tried some new clips for quilting....
http://kiwikidspage.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/and-so.html
Well isn't she so sweet.... She posted some to me for a gift..... I will be trying them...
Quilting clips from Sue to try


Then another friend made me some cute gifts....
A few years back I got out all me hand made Xmas decorations, quilts, table runners, tree skirts, wall hangings, table clothes ant placemats. It was so disappointing to find them all moody and rotten. Not sure how they got wet but they did. I tried washing, soaking and washing them but they didn't come good. They all went in the bin and after John I am slowly trying to make them all again. It takes a while to replace your own things when you are busy making gifts for everyone else. We always put ourselves last.... None the less I am getting there.
My sweet friend made this for me as she made it years ago as a gift. Now I have a replacement. It is special as I taught her how to sew and quilt. This is her first free motion quilted piece. Very special for me... Thanks Sue...
Sorry it's blurry. Not sure why...
My lovely Rudolf wall hanging. Made by Sue R....

A sweet little zipper purse. Made by Sue R...
 I helped show her how to put in the zipper

6 comments:

KERYN B said...

I think you will put those clips to very good use. Sue has done a great job with her gifts foe you..x

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo oh what a shame you lost all your special xmas projects,i love the hanging that Sue made and the little purse.
How wonderful is Sue to send those clips to you ,she has a heart of gold that one,enjoy your gifts my friend as you deserve them xx

kiwikid said...

I hope the clips come in handy Jo, they worked for me!! Love the wall hanging....and the purse ..very sad you lost your Christmas things hopefully they will be replaced over time.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You have been spoilt xxxx

Kate said...

I'm sorry that you lost all your hand made decorations, that had to a very hard to take right before the holiday. Hope you make some progress on getting them replaced.

Jindi's Cottage said...

I've not seen those clips before only the round bicycle type ones, will have to keep an eye out they look a much better shape...oh that is sad that your handmade Christmas treasures got ruined, your replacement Santa/Rudolph is very cute...