Friday 14 October 2016

Another jumper being made.....

Here is what yarns I have pulled out of the box. I have started a jumper for grandson Nicholas. I like all the blues together and I have more than enough to get something done...
The scraps of odd yarn
This is what I have done so far. I had made this design for both my daughter and son when they were little. So that was about 25 years ago. I just love the pattern and you can use up small amounts of yarn. It's just getting the right size. When I have measured up Nick and got the length I want I will start on the sleeves. This way you use the colours as you have them. If you run out after one stripe you can just put in another colour on the second repeat round...
A jumper for Nicholas

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Looked in the rub and thought omg that is an interesting mix but it looks fab knitting up......amazing what you can do with the smaller bits.... Can't wait to see it finished.....

Sheila said...

Lucky grandson to have his grandma knitting him this fabulous sweater .

Crystal_235 said...

Can't wait to see it finished! It's been far too long since I've knitted something.

Helen said...

Very clever knitting the colours look fabulous !

Summer said...

Looking so nice! Love the colours ♥

marina said...

Gorgeous jumper in progress, love all the blues!
Great work on your Aussie hero quilt top too.