I went to my LQS for a Girls Night In fundraiser. There were about 15 of us. It was a mystery quilt sewing night.
We did have some pre cutting and sewing and more cutting to do before class. With the preparations done I was set...
All set up and ready to sew.
|My sewing station|
But let's break for dinner.
|The mains.... Dessert still to come. Sorry no photo|
This is what I finished the night with.
|Quilt top without borders|
And a group photo. Don't they look so different.
|Group photo Girls Night In Mystery Quilt night|
This pattern is called tipsy turvy. It looks a bit like the disappearing 9 patch block pattern but we made ours in strip sets. We started with 1 metre of 3 different fabrics. It made a smaller quilt than I wanted. A great cot size though or lap quilt. I added 3 extra rows. I still need to add borders.
So here is the quilt top laid on the fabric I have chosen for the backing. I think it matches perfectly.
|Quilt top and backing|