Wednesday 26 October 2016

FNSI post a bit late



I did join in for FNSI. I just hadn't got around to doing a post.
I went to my LQS for a Girls Night In fundraiser. There were about 15 of us. It was a mystery quilt sewing night.
We did have some pre cutting and sewing and more cutting to do before class. With the preparations  done I was set...
All set up and ready to sew.
My sewing station


But let's break for dinner.


This is what I finished the night with.
Quilt top without borders

And a group photo. Don't they look so different.
Group photo Girls Night In Mystery Quilt night

This pattern is called tipsy turvy. It looks a bit like the disappearing 9 patch block pattern but we made ours in strip sets. We started with 1 metre of 3 different fabrics. It made a smaller quilt than I wanted. A great cot size though or lap quilt. I added 3 extra rows. I still need to add borders.
So here is the quilt top laid on the fabric I have chosen for the backing. I think it matches perfectly.
Quilt top and backing

7 comments:

KimM said...

Oh my gosh! What an amazing accomplishment in one evening! Looks like so much fun!!
xxx

Maria said...

I agree with Kim , just fantastic... great effort for you all.
Fabulous backing for your quilt Jo...

Linda said...

What a lovely group of quilts. Amazing how different they all look. I love your fabric. In NZ there are two trees/ bushes with a similar red blossom called rata and pohutakawa. What is the Aussie version called?

Summer said...

The quilts are lovely, and dinners looks wonderful ♥

Sheila said...

So many beautiful quilts and all so different ! Oh wow the food looks so yummy ,I am sure you all enjoyed the retreat 😊

kiwikid said...

That is an amazing looking dinner you had there !! Great quilt to make, love your fabrics.

Sarah said...

LOVE those fabrics. I'm a bird fanatic anyway. The flowers remind me of bottle brush trees. Loved those trees.