Tuesday 19 March 2019

My Birthday celebrations lasted a week.

Not only was it my birthday but we also celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary.
We don't usually buy presents for each other as we buy things for ourselves all the time.
We do make a point to go out for dinner and spend time together.
We went to a new to us restaurant which was very special. It was also close to home. Only about 7 minutes drive.
For the people that know me I love pastas and seafoods...
Crab risotto. Filled with mussels, prawns and scallops.



My husband had a duck dinner.



A lovely surprise delivery at work.
My daughter, son in law and grandsons had this beautiful bouquet delivered to me. They were very beautiful and the lilies opened up over the next week and were so pretty.
My daughter didn't order the balloon so I say it was my sons way of coming through saying happy birthday.
His favourite colour was green and every year on his birthday we release a bunch of green balloons up to him. It's something the grandsons remember to do each year and it's their way of remembering their uncle.
VERY MEMORABLE



I meet up with my friend for lunch on my birthday at a local Chinese restaurant.
It was delicious. Then the staff surprised my with this lovely dessert and singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
I was away on the long weekend in March and there were more celebrations.
My wonderful friend put together this fun cake.
Caramel mud cake, profiteroles filled with custard and salted caramel profiteroles. Surrounded by flowers from her garden and lemon verbena leaves for a nice cup of hot tea.
The candles weren't forgotten either...

8 comments:

jacaranda said...

Happy birthday Jo, your week of celebrations looked wonderful.

elliek said...

Happy birthday Jo. Sure John sent that balloon. What a lovely thought.

Vireya said...

Happy birthday! Obviously a little late - you will have to just keep celebrating for another week now that you have told us about it. How amazing that green balloon is.

kiwikid said...

Happy belated birthday!! You celebrated well! That risotto looks amazing! Lovely to get the flowers and that special green balloon! The cake is amazing!!

dq said...

YOu are so loved by so many. I am glad your birthday was so wonderful. I got a surprise visit from all of my kids for my birthday last month, so I know how you feel so showered with love.

Your friend who made the cake is so so so talented. It is so beautiful! I also love the bouquet with the green balloon. It is wonderful that the grand kids remember to release the balloons for your son.

Linda said...

Happy birthday and Happy Anniversary! Sounds as though you thoroughly celebrated both events. Love the idea of the green balloons. Gorgeous flowers.

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!

PaulaB quilts said...

Happy very belated birthday to you, Jo. I hope the lilies are in full bloom and looking lovely. You really had a wonderful surprise day. The reason I haven’t written yet is because the green balloon reminded me of losing my son Chris four years ago next month. Some days it’s really hard. But spring is here for us, and I’m looking forward to seeing some daffodils in bloom soon. They are my favorite flower. Have a good week, friend.