Friday 29 March 2019

Pouch sewn, unseen, repaired and completed

Look at this fabulous pouch I made at a workshop with our local group.
Oh boy did we all laugh.
WHEN I TRIMMED READY FOR BINDING I CUT OFF THE ZIPPER PULL.

It is a great pouch that I have made but unfortunately it cannot be used like this...
WHAT WAS I THINKING. OR NOT THINKING SEEMS TO BE MORE LIKE IT.

At least I found the cut off piece so I could put it back on.
Now to unpick that beautifully sewn binding.
(But only where I have to.)


It may have taken 40 minutes but I got the zipper pull back on and it works.


Now to resew that binding.


Tassle is on so it's absolutely finished and usable.


IT IS AMAZING.
I LOVE IT.

7 comments:

Vireya said...

Well done! Cutting the end off is so easy to do, fixing it up is nowhere near as easy.

Maria said...

Oh No!!! that's what happens when we are busy laughing and chatting.. Thankfully you could fix it and now the pouch looks great.....

PaulaB quilts said...

Sometimes a shortcut is the longest way around.

abbeysmum said...

Oh dear, we all do silly stuff like that and then have to fix it ! ☺
If you have a look on "Mississippi Quilts " on Utube you can find a tutorial that shows how you can use any size zip by cutting and covering both ends with fabric tabs, which end up tiny pops of colour, not actual pull tabs.It looks great and gives any bag a really classy finish.
My usual Fail is forgetting to pin in the added pull tabs in the side seams.

Linda said...

What a lovely pouch. Goodness you must have been cross when you discovered your error! Things things are so easily done. Anyway, all's well that ends well", to quote William Shakespeare! The black fabric looks interesting, shiny fabric?

elliek said...

Oh no!!!! Hate it when that happens but well done on rescuing what is a really nice pouch.

Chookyblue...... said...

Now that is something I would stuff up and do...... Lucky you could fix it ...