Friday 3 May 2024

Farmers Wife blocks in Echuca

 I’ve been sewing along with some ladies making Farmers Wife blocks. I have never met them but just chatting online. We have been making 2 blocks a month but I fell behind due to holidays. Bronwyn invited us to stay at her house so we could meet and sew along together. Then I had a sewing day at my quilt group and made 3 blocks on the Saturday. 

Sunday had me in the mood to sew all day and make 7 more. I caught up the weekend before heading to Echuca. This is where I was at.

We packed our caravan and headed off with my sewing machine and supplies. I was anxious about staying at someone’s house I had never met but the greeting went really well and Bronwyn, Peter, Tony and I chatted and laughed very easily. I did unpack my sewing and we got started with some sewing. Sorry, no photos.

The next morning we all went into town for a coffee, look around



and the quilt shop. SOUTH QUILTS.





I met Judi at the coffee shop. She came and did some sewing too. After lunch Shona arrived and set up her machine. So we all sat and sewed, talked, ate and then a drink. A great night was had. Next day we continued with some more sewing. As the day went on it was only Bronwyn and I left sewing. 

Soon it was time to pack away the machine. We had a break and sat by the camp fire and had a few drinks.

Enjoyed a beautiful sunset. 

then dinner and said our goodbyes as both Bronwyn and Peter were not going to be there when we got up and left. It was an amazing weekend

So, I have just unpacked everything after a couple of weeks. Here are the blocks I made for April 12

Block 87  

& Block 56

Next for April 19’s blocks

No. 36

Block no. 46


April 26th - blocks. No. 1


Block no. 86…. Oops. I missed this one


May 3rd block. Did this one out of order but she is cute. 

Block no. 29. Oh I must remember to cut my features on point …..


And all of them up on the wall. They will eventually have sashing between the blocks when I join them together. This is the order they are in the book but I will need to change some as the colour placements have to be spread around. 

I think I am up to date… No to get started on some more. They are growing nicely.

Thank you Bronwyn and Peter for your hospitality and making Tony and I feel so welcomed.

 Judi and Shona it was great meeting you.

Would love to do it again.


8 comments:

Susan said...

Us sewers just seem to click don't we??
Lovely break away from home & terrific progress on your blocks!

Arish said...

Parece que disfrutaste muchísimo. BESICOS.

Susan Smith said...

What a lovely time away & just up the Murray....eh! We also know people in Echuca and isn't it great when you meet someone from on-line and click well. You are certainly progressing nicely on the blocks. Hope you are now better. Take care & hugs.

marina said...

looks like a great get together. Great progress on your blocks, they look amazing!

Janice said...

How nice to meet the ladies in person and stitch your blocks while together. Of course they were lovely. Aren’t all quilters?

Maria said...

Always lovely to met up with like minded friends and sew.
All you blocks look great.

loulee said...

A lovely weekend.
You made great progress on your quilt tops, lots of new blocks.

Chookyblue...... said...

making great progress on this quilt.......
glad you all had a great weekend......