Thursday 9 May 2024

THE GHAN - Adelaide to Marla and further.

 I am so excited. I have waited for this train trip for a few years. I am so lucky to be able to share it with my hubby Tony, brother Graeme and his partner Jean. Thankyou for coming with me.

In the transfer car to the train.

We have made it. I can see the GHAN.





Some of the staff


Having our first drink.


What the view is like.


Time for lunch




Enjoying the lounge


Happy birthday song and cake.



One meals menu.


Relaxing with some games.



After a nights sleep we rose early to see the sunrise at Marla.



I love the sunrise. I don’t see it very often but it is beautiful.




Breakfast on the train



Enjoying the view


A beautiful sunrise from the view on the train



Time to try a cocktail. Coffee martini.


This was to commemorate the gang that laid the train line.THE IRON SLEEPER.  The millionth concrete sleeper laid.


Our ensuite


Our double platinum cabin with large window for viewing.
During the day we had it as a couch and after dinner it was made up into our bed. It was wonderful.


This was my breakfast.


The staff were very friendly


Trying more cocktails before we go out on a tour.




3 comments:

Jenny said...

Such fun. The meals on the train are certainly amazing. I remember being excited to be able to try kangaroo and the like.

jude's page said...

Wow Jo!! You saw a sunrise!! LOL! Looks like a great trip

Chookyblue...... said...

Wow arrived in Marla just after dark.........so didn't see anything other then to roadhouse and motel room