Thursday 2 May 2024

SPF Charity sewing Placemats

 I had some left overs from my sunflowers that were the wrong colour blue. They needed to be used up.

Our sewing group held a charity night making placemats. I did not attend but made these at home.

They could be any size which made it easier to decide what to do.

Made the blocks the same as the Irish chain blocks.

Joined some scrap wadding.


Started some simple quilting


Diagonal quilting through the squares


Placemats trimmed


BUT… OH NO!!!!!!!!!!
Oops I’ve got a date with Jack.


I have 3 the same 

But not enough to make a matching 4th one. I did have enough sunflower fabric to make a different design though.

These go to individuals that receive Meals on Wheels. So I do not need matching sets.
Bindings are yet to be done as I took sick. Had the day off work and spent it in bed.


7 comments:

Maria said...

Hope you’re feeling bettter.
Great use of the left over blocks as they look lovely as placemats.
Oh so annoying when the backing folds over and we don’t realise.

Janice said...

They will be nice and cheerful for their recipients. I hope you are feeling better very soon.

Susan said...

Hope you are better now - love those sunflowers -they will be welcomed by the MoW clients.

loulee said...

Great way to use up leftovers and for a good cause too.
Hope you are feeling better.

Susan Smith said...

Hope you are soon feeling better. Those placemats will be much appreciated , I'm sure. Take care & hugs.

Jenny said...

Oh dear, do hope you are feeling better now. Your placemats look lifely, and I can sympathize with your folded fabric sewing at the back. Lucky you had Jack to help you out.

kiwikid said...

Great use of the left over blocks Jo, they look great. I did a woops like yours recently! Hope you are feeling much better soon.