Friday 17 May 2024

My Friday was spent sewing.

 I have had a great day at home sewing today. I was supposed to be away at a sewing retreat but it was cancelled due to not enough numbers. So, what am I to do…… SEW, SEW, SEW……

Firstly I finished my blue placemats for charity. All I needed to do was sew the binding on.

These were the leftovers from my CHOOKSHED challenge project for this month.


Next up was to try Lou’s placemat pattern.

Manxgirl living and crafting down under. Loulee

First up I found my shop receipt dockets.

I picked out a few.

Then I tipped out my scrap bin and pulled out my pink scraps.

I sewed my scraps to the dockets.

 

Trimmed them down

I easily had 10 pieces made to suit the measurements following Lou’s pattern

I made 2 placemats. So have a look at Lou’s pattern and use up some scraps.

Make them for gifts or charity.


These will go to charity.




I’m linking up with FNSI

Linking up with Table Scrap Challenge

Since it was pink month over at Scrap Happy Saturday - May that’s what I used.

13 comments:

Denice Barker said...

I thought of these as I threw out a receipt yesterday!

Arish said...

Qué bonitos. BESICOS.

Maria said...

All the placemats are lovely.

loulee said...

They look great Jo. Thanks for the shout out!
Your blue mats look good too,

cityquilter grace said...

such happy scrappy placemats! mealtime will be fun for somebody...

Ondrea said...

Lovely finishes! Where does one donate placemats?

kiwikid said...

Wonderful use of scraps, very clever.

Janet O. said...

Two bunches of pretty placemats!
I may be in charge of our guild placemat charity project next year, so I will hop over to Lou's blog and check out the instructions. Thanks, Jo!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

How very kind you are to stitch these lovely placemats for charity! They will be much appreciated, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Lots and lots of pink, and I think I also spy some pink flowers - which could be roses, for the Derby part of the challenge.
Great way to make up placemats.
Jane in Australia

grammajudyb said...

Yes! Another way to sew up the smaller scraps! Nice!

Deb A said...

Great use of scraps!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Brilliant use of those old receipts!! I save mine, but never made the leap to using them for quilting (even with all of the adding machine tape projects floating around the internet.) Thanks for linking up with the TABLE SCRAPS Challenge, Jo!