Friday 10 May 2024

The GHAN on to Alice Springs then to Katherine

 We are all enjoying our train trip. The staff are amazing and are enjoying the food and drinks that are being served to us. Ask and you shall receive.

We had at our to the Alice Springs Desert Park




Seeing the natural wildlife was great.












This owl is in full flight. Just beautiful 











Back to the train



When we got back into our cabin we were greeted with a refreshing drink. It was very hot and humid outside so to sit and relax with a drink already prepared was lovely.


We couldn’t do our tour of the Katherine Gorge as the area was still flooded. We were the first run for the 2024 season so this is not unexpected. So we could only get off the train and go for a walk at the station.


We headed to the front of the train to get a photo of it.



Back onboard to relax again. All my brother wanted was an umbrella decoration in his cocktail. They didn’t have any so the staff made what they could. How funny. A champagne cork with fruit sticks coming out of it. He loved it.



You can see how much water is still in the area. 








3 comments:

Jenny said...

Lovely to see your trip progressing, certainly brought back many memories. We had a week off the train at Alice Springs, and took a 5 day bus trip with ATT Kings. Traveled to Ularu and all sorts of interesting places, and boarded the next train coming through to Darwin. Sadly I injured my knee that week and hobbled around the next couple of weeks.
I know I said it before, but the food on board the train was marvelous, you and your friends obviously enjoyed it too.

Susan said...

Sounds like a great trip.

Keifer said...

I want to share here on how Mr Pedro granted me a loan of £820,000.00 to expand my business at the rate of 2% annual return, Iam so grateful and I think I should share it here. here his email address: cf-loans@outlook.com / WhatsApp +393510140339 if anyone here is looking for an affordable loan rate.