Saturday 9 April 2016

I've been absent but I'm back

Some of you might have noticed I haven't been commenting on your blogs. You all know what has been happening in my life. Yes, like everyone, I have been busy.
My husband and I decided our daughter needed a fun holiday for her 30th birthday. She has been dealing with a lot. So we thought she would like a cruise. We planned it, booked it, paid for it and then things changed....
Our house went on the market, my husband had a stroke. Luckily he is recovering well. With all that I needed a holiday. Some people say I am selfish but you know what, maybe I am. Yes I needed a holiday. My husband was looked after and we have some good friends. My daughter and I need some time together too. So our holiday went ahead.
This was us over the past week enjoying a cruise to the South Pacific. Stopping at all stations.
NOUMEA, LIFOU NEW CALEDONIA & PORT VILA, VANUATO....
The town hall
My cultural part of the holiday...........
A GOOD START TO OUR HOLIDAY.
Kristys breakfast in beautiful sunny BRISBANE
Look at this yummy breakfast.
It was better than what was at the motel we stayed at but that's another story..
Enjoying a FLUFFY DUCK cocktail for Keryn
Kristy saying, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN .
We couldn't let the balloons go but we enjoyed them all week.
Acknowledging my son,  JOHN, what would be his 22nd birthday 
Just a little bit of fun we had.
NO WE DIDNT WIN ANYTHING 
We did relax a little.
Somewhere at sea.
Luckily we had a pedicure before we set off..


I am sure when I have settled and Kristy and I have shared photos there will be more.
NO SEWING HAPPENED. I WAS TO BUSY HAVING FUN....

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back my lovely friend ,so glad you like both had a great time,love those balloons and I am sure John would've been there with you both in spirit .
Can't wait to catch up with you,great pics Jo xx

Maria said...

Pleased you had a great time with your DD. Sometimes you need some me time...

Linda said...

Glad you were able to take some well-earned timeout with your daughter. Recharging the batteries is essential. Keep well.

Annie said...

So glad you enjoyed the cruise. Bonding time with daughters is very special. Love the balloons - bitter sweet for you and pleased to hear your hubby is on the mend xx

KERYN B said...

So pleased you had a wonderful time. Selfish rubbish you deserved the break and what a wonderful way with just the girls. You know what I haven't had a Fluffy Duck in years but they use to be one of my favourites great choice. Xxx

Chookyblue...... said...

great that you and your girl were still able to head off for some special time together.......

kiwikid said...

Wonderful you and your daughter could have a break together!! Well deserved and so good to hear you had a wonderful time. Also wonderful you could share it with your son too.

Michelle Ridgway said...

A wonderful thing to do with your daughter. You can't support others if youre depleted....glad you had a lovely holiday. You've made such special memories together. Welcome home.

Melody said...

So glad you had a good time and were able to celebrate your son's birthday too

dq said...

I am so glad you had a good time especially with all you were dealing with at home. I am also happy to hear that your husband is recovering well, how scary!

retdairyqueen said...

No You are not selfish!!
How lovely to spend such a lovely time with your daughter and celebrate your sons birthday

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So pleased you both had a great time Jo ... Sounds like something you both needed not selfish at all 💖💖💖

Anonymous said...

what an awesome time kiddo xx

Anonymous said...

testing xx

Anonymous said...

testing 2

elliek said...

Well deserved break for both of you. Glad you had such a good time.