Tuesday 26 April 2016

Working with BOW TIES

I am quilting this amazing BOW TIE quilt. It is made with beautiful oriental fabric. Most of the fabrics have gold going through them.
I've started quilting the BOW TIES

It took me a while to decide on a quilting design that I was happy with. It sat for 3 weeks before an idea came to mind. Well, then it just happened. I got to work on. AFMQ pattern in each of the background blocks. Not sure if it really shows up but I am very happy with it....
FMQ design

The thread I am using is GLIDE and the colour SAND. I have not liked using gold or lures thread in the past so I was put into this friend from Anita. HILLSIDE QUILTING.
It is a beautiful colour with others in the range. The thread just glides through the needle and melts into the fabric. I definitely will be using this again.
GLIDE thread, colour SAND

Now I just have to decide how to quilt the borders

7 comments:

dq said...

Jo, it is so beautiful and I just love oriental fabrics! I too struggle more with deciding how to quilt a quilt then actually quilting it. That is why I like to do repeat patterns because I already know how I want it quilted.

Unknown said...

Looking gorgeous Jo !

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt,I got to see it last night and your FMQ is so lovely Jo,you are very clever my friend xx

Cheryl said...

What a gorgeous quilt Jo

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The looks so good well,done 💖💖💖

Linda said...

Your quilt looks lovely and that gold coloured thread is super.

Sheryl said...

what an amazing quilt, it´s gorgeous.